ABOUT BORNEO WILDLIFE PRESERVATION (BWP)
Borneo Wildlife Preservation was founded in 2014 by renowned Animal Trainer and Behaviorist, Katerina Pirelli. The focus of BWP is to support locally partnered wildlife and non-government organizations ensure the survival of the Bornean Elephants as well as other endangered species.
BWP, previously Pygmy Elephant Foundation, is a publicly supported charitable 501 (c)(3) organization registered in the state of California, USA and categorized by IRS EIN #46-1763411. BWP is also an non-profit association registered in France since 2020 and is listed under French law with Fiscal #W610614576.
Promoting vital solutions to end animal suffering, eliminate the clear cutting of rain forests and support the sustainability of natural renewable resources.
- Forest restoration, reconnecting forest corridors with tree-planting activities in critical migration routes for the Bornean Elephants
- Strategic land purchasing to ensure the elephants have space to migrate and flourish
- Rehabilitation of injured, displaced and orphaned elephants with the direct hands-on support of our partnered elephant sanctuary
- School education and sponsorship programs for local children as well as education abroad teaching the importance of conservation
- BWP also coordinates Private Expeditions to potential donors and offers eco-tourism aligned with educating and saving Bornean Elephants and their ecosystem